Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are you thoroughly bored of this election nonsense? I am. Let's face it. The next four years are going to suck. Politicians are politicians. They will tell us whatever they think we want to hear in order to buy out votes. Both are on the change bandwagon. Change? Oh please. What a cop-out. ANYTHING other than what we have right now is going to be a change. But I'll tell you honestly, it's only going to be change of scenery. Politicians are not the answer to the problems faced by this nation. A President is not where the power resides and people fail to realize this time and again. The President is an ICON, not a moving force. Me personally? I'm voting for Vanhoofen. She's the only candidate I trust.

On a lighter note, I'm happy to report that Christmas is only 64 days away and I've learned that Christmas is indeed celebrated with gusto in the UK, Scotland included. Notice that I said with gusto and not "with the same commercial emphasis that we have here in the States." I find this comforting because I really love the Christmas season and I was concerned we'd be the only family in Scotland with Christmas lights on our house and a tree in the window. We won't. The closer I get to graduation the happier I get about me decision to go abroad. Of course, I'll have to wait for Chris to finish culinary school, but I need time to get experience under my belt before I apply to the NHS. The process to obtain a visa, a job, and get all the necessaries taken care of before pondjumping is a long one. It will be worth it though. Who knows, maybe I'll go to Oxford for medical school!

No comments: