Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's getting awkward again...

Yep, it's that awkward time again. You know, that time during your weight loss that you're too small for your old size but still an inch too big to wear that next size down (well, you COULD wear it but you'd be sportin' some major muffin-top.) So far I've lost 70lbs. I know that's a major feat and some girls would KILL to be able to say that, but for me it's not even half way (another 15 and I'll be half-way.) I am proud of myself, don't get me wrong, but it's still so frustrating to see pictures of me pre-kids and then look at myself in the mirror. My husband's great about it. He thinks I'm gorgeous (HE says) no matter what size, but honestly he's secretly thrilled that I'm getting back down to my "normal" size. I'm actually aiming for a few sizes smaller than the size I was. I used to be a comfortable size 10 and I'm aiming for more of a 5 or 6, 8 tops. Of course my husband balks at the idea of my being that thin ( he likes me "thick"), but I told him I'll have more muscle-to-fat than previous so I'll be WAY hotter than I was even when I was a firefighter. He still doesn't like it but he'll adjust. I told him it's actually more economical. See, the way I see it 1) Knitting smaller sizes requires less yarn. 2) Less room taken up by me=more room for stash enhancement, thus further reduction of heating/cooling costs. 3) Less of me means smaller grocery bill (this also means more money available for stash enhancement but we don't need to tell him that. What he doesn't miss won't hurt the stash!) The list goes on but you get the gist of it.

No comments: