Thursday, March 29, 2007

I gotta tell you....Lime 'N Violet ought to have a Surgeon Generals Warning on their podcast. First of all, they are about the funniest gals casting right now. If they were close to me, I'd be up their butts all the time. They are the kind of girls I actually LIKE to hang around with. I really love them. The danger in LnV is, however, their love 'o yarn pron. I just got an influx of the orders that I'd placed with BMFA, Loopy Ewe, and Lisa Souza. I laid all my loveliness out on my kitchen table and just oohed and aaahed over it. If I was more emotional I'd probably have cried. I got Fire on the Mountain and Puck's Mischief in lightweight STR, Las Vegas Brights and Carbon Dioxide in Tiny Toes from Sheri, N. Carolina in J.Knits from Sheri, Joseph's Coat in Sock! from Lisa and four oz of Mardi Gras in Superfine/Superwash from Lisa. And I noticed something when I had them all laid out together...... there's a theme in the colors........ why am I seeing so many pinks? And MAN do I like BRIGHT colors! Now, Puck's Mischief isn't bright, but it's the only one out of this batch that isn't. I LOVE me some bright-ass colors! Oh well, can't be all serious and dark all the time anyway. (BTW this is just going to kind of ramble along aimlessly 'cause I'm REALLY tired this week from adjusting to my new school schedule.) I was super impressed with Sheri from the Loopy Ewe. I got my order so stinking fast I couldn't even email her back right away and give thanks! Lisa, equally as impressive, emailed me right away after I placed my order and let me know that she'd pulled my yarn and would be dying my roving in the next few days. How cool was that?! I didn't hear from Blue Moon and my order from them took the longest comparatively but no complaints here b/c I know how stinking busy they are. Needless to say, I'm having a hard time deciding what to cast on. I still need to make sock two of my Baudelaires and I'm one and two- thirds of a sleeve away from finishing Malachi's Sherwood sweater. I've gotten two-thirds of one Merino Lace sock from Interweaves new sock book done, in Martha's Vineyard CTH supersock. I really should be knitting right now but at the moment am in class. I need chocolate and french fries. MMMMMMM.

No comments: