Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Whiskey & Whiskers

Word to the wise: If your best friend brings over her boyfriend and said boyfriend happens to be a police officer on you local police force...do NOT drink whiskey around him. Especially on St.Patricks Day. Because when you do, you forget that said boyfriend does not yet know ALL about your best friend's less than spotless past. Like the wild summer you spent completely inebriated before you got your shit together. Telling said boyfriend all about this wild past of your best friends may lead said boyfriend to grin evilly at said best friend and who knows what ensues after they leave but said best friend may just want to kill you. You can't really blame me though. She brought the whiskey after all, and it WAS St.Pats day and I am of Irish descent. You mix Irish blood with Irish whiskey and it's ALL coming out. I can not be held responsible for whatever gets said. The boyfriend thought it was all very endearing btw(he's so in love with her I could have said she liked to hack people up and eat them and he would have thought it was cute) see:This is how they ALWAYS look. OK, you can usually see her eyes though. She always looks like she's squinting in pictures, it's just b/c her smile is so big! I can't wait until they get married. Not that he's asked but hey, it's coming eventually. For now, she can just play with my kitty. I mean my cat...my four-legged cat. See, I can see this requires and explanation.

My cat:

This is what she does for fun. I had some BFL in this bag. I had to get it away from her before it became a future hairball. The biggest problem with the adorable little gal is she howls ALL NIGHT LONG. See, we have this cat problem in my neighborhood. We have a LOT of stray male cats who love to go around flirting with all the little girl cats in the plat. The problem with this is that they send the ones who aren't fixed (see cat above) into heat and as a result my husband, myself, and to some extent my children, get no sleep. So Milo is going to live with her Aunt Kate and Mommy will come visit her. My father is ecstatic about her going and is now discussing, with quite a degree of seriousness, buying my boys a dog. As long as it's a big dog I'm OK with that idea. We really are dog people anyway. Rottweiler and German Shepherd people really. And Dobermans. Ooh, and wolfhounds. Really, any dog that can double as a horse.

No comments: