Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Gauntlet

It has been cast down and I have decided to pick it up. 30 days with NO cheat days on diet. I was trying this week but my heart wasn't into it. I was stepping around the gauntlet. It was purposefully thrown down in my path again today. Today I will pick it up. Tomorrow I will answer the challenge. Today I will limp (lifted too much at the gym) tomorrow I will glide. And since the boys will be camping this weekend with the parents.....I will be hardcore doing some cupboard cleaning. Oh, yeah, the knitting stuff, sorry. I ahve finished first pair of fingerless gloves. I used SWTC Karaoke in Mermaid mix and SWTCs pattern. I HATE that yarn. It snapped every couple of rows! Made it damned near impossible to keep tension. To check myself I knitted the same pattern in a same weight/gauge yarn......yeah, they look fantastic, so it's NOT me, it's the damn yarn. I have a spinning guru who hates the stuff too. Wouldn't spin it if you paid her too. Oh well, it's a beautiful colorway anyway and after all the(millions of) ends were woven in, the gloves turned out pretty cute. Even if they were all wonky in places.

No comments: