Monday, February 25, 2008

Running low on my Mojo

So I've spent the last few days seeing about what extra studying I could do to prepare for this test over the Respiratory system/Water & Electrolytes/Acid-Base balances. It's incredibly hard and incredibly boring. I am systematically drawn to the conclusion that there is no way on earth to make this stuff fun to learn. I absolutely detest it and have decided that no matter how much I try to study it, it's all going to flow right out of my head as soon as I close my eyes and I'm going to fail the test. But I'm okay with that b/c everyone else is in pretty much the same boat. Good news to report. We found a little house to rent and are moving in shortly. It's very small but hey, that's just less for me to clean and believe me that is a good thing b/c I dislike cleaning with a passion. Another bit of good news, a wonderful benefactor has bestowed on me a new spinning wheel! Yes, it's awesome isn't it? I was discussing how I wanted to try a Saxony style wheel and she said "Well, I've got this nice wheel sitting in a box in my garage. It's a few years old and it's a walnut finish, but you might like it." Um......ya think?!? (And believe me, it's that one price that you can't beat but I promised I wouldn't spread it around b/c she's afraid the manufacturer's would get wind and give her crap about it, so this is all I'll say about that.) So I came by the next night on my way home from school and picked it up. It took my husband two hours to put it together! No wonder she wanted to get rid of it. It's quite lovely though and it spins just beautifully. I can't say the name of the manufacturer (again, I promised) but I'll just say that I've named her Anya after her native region. God blesses me in the strangest ways sometimes, but I'm certainly not complaining. I have an interview tomorrow as well for a third shift position with a lab. If I remember correctly, the last time I interviewed with them the pay wasn't that great and that's why I turned them down, but at the time I had no experience either and it was nearly five years ago so maybe the payscale went up. We'll see. If it's the job God wants me to have, I'm sure I'll know. I really really need a new job. The further along I get in my schooling, the less tolerable I become of my current employement. My co-workers are frustrating me more and more and I'm starting to dread going to work. That's pretty bad considering I have the easiest job in the world. I know that I always get low in Winter quarter, but I'm getting down right depressed. This quarter sucks and tomorrow I'll be flunking a test. I need a recharge or something. I can't manage anything more that perfunctory knitting d/t time constraints so I've been doing a lot of work on the socks for my Dad's upcoming birthday. I managed to finish another skein of three-ply out of some leftover Corriedale roving I had and I think I did well. I'll post pictures if I remember to take any. I'm tired. So I'll be going to bed now. Good night mom and dad. I love you too.

No comments: