Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas indeed.

I've finished the front and back of mom's Celtic Tote. Now I need to do the sides/back and then sew it up. The pattern calls for plastic mesh to stiffen the bottom so I decided to buy purple mesh. The DH did in fact get laid off today, and with no Christmas bonus either. Bastards. I swear, what kind of boss lays someone off right before Christmas?! And this boss is a practicing pastor! If I didn't know so many good christians in my own church who make up for this guys "professed" but not "practiced" christianity, I would be completely turned off to christians too. It wasn't that long ago that people like him are what justified my belief that all christians are hippocritical, holier-than-thou, bigots. Thank God I was led to a church filled with "real" christians. Folks who weren't ashamed to share their sordid past and forgive you for yours. Folks who show love and compassion to anyone who enters into their presence, not just the pretty people. People in town call my church "The Fringe church" and say that "AHOP is the place to worship if they won't let you in the doors anywhere else." Well, HALLELUJAH for that! (Btw, AHOP stands for A House Of Prayer, not a house of pancakes.) Well, back to the knitting.

No comments: