Sunday, December 30, 2007

Today started out as a fat&ugly day. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has these days. You know what they're like. You wake up tired, you look in the mirror and know that no amount of makeup will cover the circles, bags, and zits. Your hair won't behave and no amount of product will help. Then I had to go to church and work in the nursery, with no help. I'm telling you, working with the kids is great but without another person in there, it get's a bit overwhelming. And to top it off, I've been eating like poop and when I do that, I feel like poop too. I haven't run in forever and I'm feeling it. If I don't run regularly I get super stressed out. Put that stress on top of the stress of the husband being out of work and my hours getting cut back Jan. 7 when I start Winter quarter classes. I'm so depressed. I'm not a big fan of medications for depression, but right now I'd love to be on a maintenance dose of Prozac. So my husband made me a salad for lunch. It's a start. I'll run later today when I feel like caring.

On a lighter note, I had a chance to view the videos I rented from SmartFlix. I rented the Beginning and Advanced Spinning Techniques videos. The beginning one was good. I learned a couple things but nothing that I couldn't learn by googling. I expected the advanced to be really great, but it was dissappointing. I was hoping to learn new drafting techniques but the only techniques reviewed were short draw and long draw (or double draft). The double draft tech was reviewed pretty well, but it was in the beginning video too so I was overall dissappointed. I'm really glad I was able to rent these before putting down forty dollars each to order them from Yarn Barn. I might still order the beginners video but I doubt it. What I'm interested in learning in Navajo plying and several new drafting techniques. I'm going to be ordering my kit from Philosophers wool soon to make my Color Your Own in the Fire colorway (with yellow). I'm going to be casting on for the smallest size because that is one of my new knitting resolutions. I will only knit garments for myself in the size for my ideal healthy weight. Not being able to wear all my pretty things will be my punishment for eating junk and not working out.

My folks are coming down today so I will finally get to see what ring they got me, and give my mom her Celtic Tote. My son is slowly but surely mastering the RipStik(of death) and is under strict orders not to ride without helmet, wrist guards, knee & elbow pads. Malachi is very much in love with his guitar and well on his way to rockstardom. Life in the Sprauer household is chaotic as usual. Life is good.

No comments: