Thursday, March 13, 2008

Disappointed

It's not really my nature to follow things like soap operas and tv shows, but I am known for getting hooked into series of books (Harry Potter, Outlander, etc.) and movies. Recently (ok, for the past year and a half) I've been hooked on following Podcasts like Lime'N Violet, Cast On, and Sticks and String. David Reidy has never disappointed me but lately the other two have. I can't even really put my finger on what happened or when, but it seems like Cast On has devolved, Phil Donahue-esque, into Brenda Dayne's soapbox and narcissistic launchpad. LNV has always been a little on the silly side but now with Lime only making random appearances and Carin sitting in her stead, it has become rather ridiculous. I still listen to LNV b/c no matter how silly they are I still love them and want to give them cookies... and stuff. Cast On, oth, is no longer in my que. It's just not interesting anymore. Brenda isn't funny to me anymore and as of late she sounds more and more full of herself and more and more whiny. Sticks and String seems to be going along just fine, if not better so every Sunday I eagerly log on to iTunes after church and upload the new episode. I have found some different podcasts that I enjoy tuning into now. They are: Stitch It!, Knit Naturally, Faery Knitting, Hip Tranquil Chick, and Diva Knitting, oh and let's not forget the Knit Picks podcast. I've been a loyal KP customer ever since my first catalog and I really enjoy Kelly's podcasts. I've been told by some local podcasters that I know from work that I would make a good podcaster (at least that my voice is good for casting) but that would have to wait until the summer if it were to happen at all. It's not that it's expensive, it's just very time consuming and I don't have that kind of time right now. Speaking of time, I have had a little more open up now that I'm finished with one of my classes. I still have two Finals to take next week but for now I have a little more time each day to get at least a few rows in. I haven't been able to spin much but I'm looking forward to getting back to the wheels and spindles after my last final. Dad is feeling really beat down right now so cover him in prayer.

No comments: